From the Forme of Cury.
- BURSEWS. XX.VIII. XIX.
- Bursews. Different from Bursen in No. 11; therefore qu. etymon.
- Batour. batter.
- frytours. fritters.
- 500 g ground Pork
- 1 soft boiled Egg
- Powerded Fort: 1 t Galingale, 1/2 t Nutmeg, 1/2 t Mace, 1 t Pepper
- 1/2 t crushed Cardamon and Grains of Paradise
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Wholemeal Flour
- Mix ground pork, soft boiled egg and spiced together with hands. Make into no bigger then walnut sized balls.
- Coat each ball first in egg and then flour. Fry in a good layer of oil, I used about 1/2 inch in bottom of pan
We found these tasted great with a light mustard sauce for dipping them into.
YiS to medieval food,