Baked apples (recipe)
From CunnanJump to navigationJump to search
Generic 'baked apples' recipe.
- 6 med. cooking apples
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup beer
- Core apples, and remove a 1 inch strip of peel around the top of each.
- Mix raisins, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Fill apples with mixture and place in a baking dish.
- Pour beer over all and bake at 350 degrees or about 45 min, or until apples are tender, basting several times.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temp. Continue to baste while cooling. Serve with the cooking juices.