Canada is of little medieval significance. It was sighted by Leif Ericsson in the 11th century but all subsequent viking settlements in Vinland were failures. It was colonized throughout the late medieval and renaissance periods by France and Britain through a process of annexation from the indigenous First Nations. By the 16th century Newfoundland became an important fishing area.
The SCA in Canada
- The Kingdom of Ealdormere - The province of Ontario, excepting Essex County and the extreme northwest.
- The Middle Kingdom - The Shire of Starleaf Gate is in Essex County, Ontario.
- The Kingdom of Northshield - Northwestern Ontario and Manitoba
- The Kingdom of the East - Branches in Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Newfoundland.
- The Kingdom of An Tir - Branches in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, the Yukon, and the Northwest Territories.