12th century-astrology astronomy
- "Fors estroit, si gardoit en l'er,
- Vit Or葉t et Lucifer.
- Des estoiles le cors savoit,
- Les set planestres devisoit;
- Il savoit bein que ert a estre:
- Qant il oiet un enfant nestre,
- Les pointz contot toz de sa vie."
- "He was outdoors, he looked up at the sky,
- and he saw Orion and Venus.
- He knew the course of the stars
- and observed the seven planets.
- He knew the future,
- and when he saw a baby born
- he could foretell its entire life."
Beroul's "Tristan" (Translated by Norris J. Lacy, 1989)